So Much More!
23 October 2018
GraceNotes – A Journey of Discovery
Scripture: John 16:12-15 (Click link for scripture in Bible Gateway)
12 “There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. 14 He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.’ (John 16:12-15 NLT)
When my daughters were young, there was a lot for them to learn about life and behavior and a lot for Jean and me to learn about being parents, and figuring out what they needed to know and what not to bother them with. And a lot to learn about how to know when they were ready for the next step(s). We didn’t always get it right, but now instead of parents and children, we’re friends! Thank God for that!
Father, is there anything you’ve been wanting to tell me that you can’t because I’m just not up for it yet?
• Is there anything you’ve wanted to tell me but can’t because I’ve been slow to listen and respond to things you’ve already told me?
• Is there any attitude I’ve clung to that keeps me from being able to hear and receive what you have for me next?
• Is there anything you want to tell me and can’t tell me yet because I haven’t forgiven someone who wronged me?
• Is there anything you want to tell me but can’t because I’ve maintained a critical, judgmental, and disapproving attitude toward people who look or think or vote differently than I do?
• Is there some way you’ve wanted to use me to minster to others but can’t because I’ve been too focused on myself and my needs and problems to notice their needs?
Spirit of Truth, would you check with Jesus and tell me what you hear?
• Please let me know what Jesus and the Father are saying about how I’m doing on this leg of my Journey of Discovery. Let me know if I’m holding things back, OK?
• I know I tend to get stuck sometimes in a habit pattern, or a comfort zone, or an attitude about someone or something. I don’t want to be stuck! So please tell me whatever you have received for me.
• And thanks so much for your patience with me! I’d like to think we can move a little faster, but I’ll let you be the judge of that! In fact, I’d like for you to be the judge of everything!