Love From The Center
02 December 2019
Love From The Center
Reading: Romans 9-12
Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good. (Romans 12:9 MSG)
Romans 12:9-21 is sort of a check-list for living as a child of God. As I read and re-read these verses today, I decided to make them into a list that I can use to prompt myself to living it out. Here’s a link to Romans 12:9-21 MSG I hope you find this both challenging and encouraging.
Here’s my “Love From The Center of Who You Are” action list:
1. Love from the center of who you are; don’t fake it.
2. Run for dear life from evil; hold on for dear life to good.
3. Be good friends who love deeply; practice playing second fiddle.
4. Don’t burn out; keep yourselves fueled and aflame.
5. Be alert servants of the Master, cheerfully expectant.
6. Don’t quit in hard times; pray all the harder.
7. Help needy Christians; be inventive in hospitality.
8. Bless your enemies; no cursing under your breath.
9. Laugh with your happy friends when they’re happy; share tears when they’re down.
10. Get along with each other; don’t be stuck-up. Make friends with nobodies; don’t be the great somebody.
11. Don’t hit back; discover beauty in everyone.
12. If you’ve got it in you, get along with everybody.
13. Don’t insist on getting even; that’s not for you to do. “I’ll do the judging,” says God. “I’ll take care of it.”
14. Our Scriptures tell us that if you see your enemy hungry, go buy that person lunch, or if he’s thirsty, get him a drink. Your generosity will surprise him with goodness.
15. Don’t let evil get the best of you; get the best of evil by doing good.
(Romans 12:9-21 MSG)
Father, When I read through this list, it’s really a heart-check! This is more than a “to do” list. This is a “to be” list! And I’ve got a long way to go to be the person we both want me to be. Please help me love from the Center of Who I Am and live from the Heart of Who You Are. I know it’s only going to happen as I allow your grace to be my motivation and my energy. Amen.