Keep These Things In Mind
18 May 2016
Reading: 1 Kings 3; 2 Chronicles 1; Psalm 78; 2 Thessalonians 2
15 With all these things in mind, dear brothers and sisters, stand firm and keep a strong grip on the teaching we passed on to you both in person and by letter. 16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, 17 comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. (2 Thessalonians 2:15-17 NLT)
With all these things in mind! Paul is encouraging the Christ-followers in Thessalonica to stand firm, to keep a firm grip on what they have been taught and what they have believed about Jesus Christ, about eternity, and about their own eternal salvation. Important stuff!
To stand firm and keep a strong grip, they, and we, need to keep these things in mind:
• Jesus died for our sins and lives for our salvation.
• Let’s not get anxious over all sorts of revelations and teachings about the end times. Jesus will come back just as he said he will.
• We who have put our faith in him won’t be disappointed.
• He will comfort our hearts in all the challenges we are facing.
• He will give us strength in every good thing we do and say.
Keep these things in mind:
• Jesus loves you and me with unconditional love. His love never fails!
• We will face challenges in our lives, but he is with us, he is in us, and he is for us!
• He’s coming back for you and me. We won’t be disappointed!
So with these things in mind, let’s stand firm and keep a strong grip on what we believe and what we know. He loves us. He will never fail us, and we will not be disappointed! Stand firm. Keep a strong grip. Don’t give in! Don’t give out! Don’t give up! Without being simplistic, let’s simply believe God and his word for us today.
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.