Here are some ideas to help you develop a Thankfulness attitude through thankful actions:
1. Give everyone a compliment. Compliments are really expressions of thankfulness.
2. Say grace. You don’t have to be a religious fanatic to be thankful for your food, for the means to buy it, for the farmers who grew it, and for God who gave it.
3. Donate. Giving things away expresses our thankfulness that we have enough.
4. Volunteer. When we are given so much in life, we must give back.
5. Keep a thankfulness journal. Every evening write down a few things you were thankful for that day.
6. Be thankful on social media. Facebook is full of complainers and criticizers! Be a thanker and a praiser!
7. Tell people you are thankful for them! Don’t worry, you won’t sound weird.
8. Thank others for what they do, not just for material gifts.
9. Remind yourself to be thankful. Frame a favorite quote about thankfulness and keep it somewhere where you can see if often.
10. Pray. Too often during prayer we focus on lack, asking for what we think we need. It’s ok to ask God for things, but we also need to say thanks for what he has given.
11. Make a specific point of constantly looking for things to be thankful for. I promise you will find them.